PRESS RELEASE: RITCHEY ASCENTC 2021
We warmly welcome the legendary Ascent back into the Ritchey line-up. Inspired by the experiences of life, the new Ritchey Ascent invites you to chase your own life experiences out on those unexplored passes, winding roads and endless trails. The adventurous soul of the of the original Ascent remains, while expanding its adaptability with modern features and much-requested details.
Tom Ritchey loves experiencing all sorts of bicycle adventures – seeking out winding dirt roads, cruising along gravel lanes, ripping flowy singletrack or pushing it on endless tarmac. He designed this latest version of the Ascent to be a do-it-all adventure bike so that others can share the same thrills of adventure while also enjoying the renowned Ritchey ride experience.
The new Ascent is more adaptable than ever. The frame is tig-welded with heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing that features rack and fender mounts and a multi-purpose mount under the downtube, while a new Ritchey steel fork offers up multi-purpose, rack, fender and a threaded crown port.
Other notable features of the new Ritchey Ascent include post-mount brake compatibility, BOOST 148mm spacing and an external seat collar. Throw a mountain bike bar on it and some 27.5” wheels for more trail-oriented adventures.
Or ride it with drop bars and 29” wheels for some longer distance rough road riding. However
you choose to roll, your riding possibilities are limitless atop the new Ritchey Ascent.
• Includes rack and fender mounts, 3 multi-purpose mounts (2 fork, 1 frame) and threaded crown port
• Features the new Ritchey steel fork with an 1-1/8” straight steerer
• Fits 27.5” or 29” wheels and tires
• Frame: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing – TIG welded
• Ritchey steel fork with multi-purpose, rack, fender and dynamo lights mounts
• Rack and fender mounts
• Wheel and tire compatibility: 27.5” x 2.6” or 29” x 2.6”
• WCS headset included
• BOOST 148mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
• Replaceable stainless-steel derailleur hanger
• 27.2mm seat tube with replaceable seat collar
• Can accommodate 1X or 2X chainrings
• Bottom bracket: 73mm – English threaded
• Bottle mounts: 2pc
• Sizes: S / M / L / XL
• Frame weight: 2400g (size L – w/o thru-axle)
• Fork weight: 1125g (with uncut steerer / not including axle)
• Color: Sierra Red